Admissions & Application
To be considered for admission to Appalachian Bible College Graduate School, an applicant must:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Be of proven Christian character, recognized as sound in the faith, and be actively involved in ministry.
- Submit an ABC Graduate School application either by mail or fax, accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of $25.00.
- Submit an autobiography following the instructions found in the application.
- Submit three reference forms completed by current employer, current pastor and someone who has known you for at least five years.
- Submit official copies of transcripts from the institution(s) from which you received an undergraduate degree(s). Official transcripts must be sent directly to ABC indicating the program for which you are applying. Students who have not completed 30 credits of Bible & Theology courses at an accredited Bible or Christian liberal arts college are required to take Bible & Theology courses from Appalachian Bible College undergraduate or graduate course offerings. These courses are not a pre-requisite to taking Masters classes, but may be taken concurrently. However, you must complete the thirty hours of Bible before being officially accepted into the MA program.
- Have an undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better (on a scale of 4.0).
- Take the ABHE Bible Content Exam if not previously taken.
- International students must have all documents and records translated into English with World Education Services (WES). You may contact them at www.wes.org or 212–966–6311.
- Submit official test scores of at least 550 (paper-based or 213 computer-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (or equivalent test) if English is not the student's first language. If the applicant has an undergraduate degree conferred by an accredited American college or university, he or she is exempt from the TOEFL requirement. Only scores from tests within the last two years will be accepted.
- Fulfill all admissions requirements.
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Sign a statement of agreement with Appalachian Bible College's doctrinal statement
- Complete total number of designated academic coursework hours according to the program requirements
- Complete the required units of Practical Christian Service
- Complete the coursework within a five year period
- Pay the graduation fee
Transfer Credit Policy
A minimum of 18 hours must be completed through Appalachian Bible College. Transfer work from accredited institutions may be accepted for courses that meet the Program requirements and in which at least a B grade has been received.
Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination Policy
Appalachian Bible College admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, physical handicap or age to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally made available to the students of the College. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, physical handicap or age in administration of its educational policies, financial aid opportunities, admissions policies, employment practices, athletic and other school administered programs.
Provisional Acceptance Policy
Any student may take up to 9 hours before final acceptance in the MA in Ministry Program.
Considering how you can save money and still receive quality training? ABC wants you to be a good steward with the finances God has entrusted to you. As a result, we offer a few discounts that we encourage you to use to your advantage.
First Class Discount
Receive a 50% discount for the first class taken in the program. This discount cannot be combined with other discounts.
All ABC Alumni who have received their BA (or previous 3-year Diploma) from ABC will receive a 25% discount for all courses.
Receive a 30% discount if you are a full-time missionary whose mission board is a member of The Fellowship of Missions (FOM).
Servants Together Discount
Receive a 10% discount if another member of your local church (or a friend) registers for a course the same module week that you take a class. Both individuals receive the 10% discount.
Early Bird Special
Receive a 10% discount when you register and pay in full for your class by the pre-module start date (e.g., September 7 for an October 5-8 module).